Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter


I received a sample of this body butter from Sephora.com. 


Pros: Very nice texture, goes on beautifully, a little goes a long way.   Great for sensitive skin!  Might be used as a shave minimizer; I woke up the morning after application with much smoother legs than normal.

Cons: Heavily perfumed.

Yes, perfumed.  Not just a light, fruity or gourmand scent like most body butters and lotions I’ve tried in the past, but a thick, cloying, perfume.  I would personally put it into the “chypre” fragrance category, as it did in fact remind me of Miss Dior.

Don’t get me wrong – it’s not that I disliked the fragrance of this body butter.  (I was not a fan of it, by the way, in case you were wondering.)  It’s just that the fragrance was so thick and so heavy that you could not possibly wear a perfume with it, unless the perfume was none other than the aforementioned Miss Dior.  Wearing this body butter on my legs was about as strong as 5 spritzes of perfume, and the fragrance lasted longer than anything I’ve ever put on my body.  I smelled it constantly.  It’s all I smelled. 

Although this product was amazing other than the smell, I would highly recommend smelling it before purchasing it, or else try to get a sample like I did.  Chances are, you will love this body butter, or hate it.    Because of the smell, I will definitely not be using it again. 

If anyone wants the sample pictured above (I had actually received 2), leave me a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ESTABLISHED MARCH 2013 - www.cosmeticsCRAZED.com