Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara - New for Spring 2013


This is my first experience with Rimmel products, so I didn't have any real expectations.



Description (From ulta.com): The first mascara that combines lash plumping and defining bristles with a unique play-ball brush. Flat side plumps lashes with show-stopping volume. Not a clump in sight. Ball side lifts and curls lashes for eyes that truly show-off. Flake-proof, smudge-proof formula lasts morning to night! Scandalous volume and lift, for lashes to really show off!


Great things may be possible with this mascara. 

The brush is kind of awkward.  Basically, it’s a standard mascara brush, with a ball brush at the end. The first time I applied the mascara, it did not go well; I used the brush like I would on any other mascara, and the results were not impressive at all.  The second time, I used primarily just the ball end tip to define each individual lash, and my results were much better. 

Perhaps I am a bit crazed, but when I hear that the mascara is from a line called “ScandalEyes”, I expect the mascara to provide bold, dramatic results.  Such is not the case, unfortunately.  I did get length and lift, which is what the mascara does indeed advertise, but the effect is more of a fluttery, doll lash look than anything that would be considered bold or dramatic.  At least by my standards.


Immediately before application



After application



Pros: Provides decent length, lift, and separation thanks to its unique ball end.  Helps achieve a natural look.  Dry “fiber” formula that dries quickly.  No smudges, flakes, clumps.  Cheap - $6.99 or less.

Cons: Application can be tricky at first, and may require a few practice runs.  Not very bold, not very dramatic, not very scandalous. 

Bottom line: While this is not my favorite mascara ever, it is decent (especially for the price!), so if you’re going for a doll-lash look or just a more subdued, natural look, you might want to give this a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ESTABLISHED MARCH 2013 - www.cosmeticsCRAZED.com