Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket Mascara


  I have mixed feelings about this mascara.

At first, I loved it.  Then I tried L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions, and I haven’t really looked back.  Until now!  

Here’s the scoop, in a nutshell:  The mascara, when applied correctly, is amazing.  You get incredible volume and length, and your lashes will be bold, black, and beautiful.  Unfortunately, the formula is extremely wet (maybe the wettest I’ve ever tried), so it is messy, and a bit more difficult to apply.  Since I’ve been using a mascara that is fool proof for daily wear, I got The Rocket pretty much all over the place when applying it for this review.  With other mascaras, you can really take your time to apply the formula to every individual lash, but with The Rocket, I’ve found short, quick strokes work the best; if you labor and linger over this mascara, you may end up with three incredibly fat lashes.  I’ve had it happen.  It’s not pretty.  

Basically, if you put your mascara on swiftly and with the tactical brilliance of a female Napolean, I highly recommend this mascara to you.  If you don’t, or if you just don’t like wet formulas, don’t waste your time.  If you wear glasses, don’t waste your time; this mascara takes FOREVER to dry, and if you put your glasses on within five minutes of applying your mascara, you will get it all over your lenses.  It will also cause the curl of your lashes to “fall”.  I’ve found L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions the best option hands down for eyeglass wearers.  

From Maybelline.com: Explosive Volume In Rocket Time! 8X Bigger, Smoother. Now, the most explosive, beautiful lashes ever! Maybelline's Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara's patented Supersonic Brush with micro bristles loads on big, sleek volume instantly. The fast-glide formula keeps lashes smooth. Zero clumps guaranteed!

Note how I got mascara all over my eyelid during application.  Messy!


Pros:  Doesn’t smudge/flake/clump IF applied correctly.  Cheap – under $10.  Cute packaging.  Can produce amazing results.

Cons: Can be difficult to apply due to its wet formula.  Can be messy.  Takes a long time to fully dry.  

I predict that most people will either love this mascara or hate it. 

2 comments:

  1. I just recently bought this too and I LOVE it. I don't notice it being wet though, odd. I loved the pink lash applier, not that you can see it anymore, but it was cute and I love that it has a harder bristle then your average mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the brush. I'm surprised you didn't find the formula to be wet, though. Perhaps I got a bad bunch of something; mine takes FOREVER to dry on my lashes.

      Delete

ESTABLISHED MARCH 2013 - www.cosmeticsCRAZED.com